Nitesh Tiwari, after Dangal, comes back with his next directorial i.e. Chhichhore which is released today. Chhichhore has nice inspiring story but very immature situations make it weaker. Let’s review Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor and Varun Sharma starrer Chhichhore.
- Strongest part of the film is its Dialogues, yeah dialogues are damn good specially comic ones.
- Second best thing about Chhichhore is SEXA… its Varun Sharma character name. He always comes with smile and brings one for you as well.
- Few Inspiring scenes for our children to support them when they get failure at any point of time in life.
- Ordinary direction by Nitesh Tiwari breaks your interest at many stages.
- Childish situations put at many points make you feel a kid who is watching a child TV serial.
- Makeover, which could have made it more powerful, was too basic.
Plot: Its present day and all of them are in their old ages, Anni (Sushant Singh Rajput) gets into a trouble. Now he needs his friends to support him at this weak moment of his life. They all came and story jumpes into the past and flashback starts. They all are in the same hostel name ‘H4’ which is known as losers place too. They have an enmity with ‘H3’ as they always win and call ‘H4’ hostlers a loser. Why ‘H3’ is a winner and ‘H4’ a loser because there is GC (General Competition) happens every year. ‘H3’ wins it every year and ‘H4’ always remained at bottom in the list. ‘H3’ leader is Prateik Babbar and ‘H4’ has obviously Sushant Singh.
Now it’s GC time in the college and ‘H4’ gives solid competition to ‘H3’ in the finale but who wins and who lost is the climax. But here is a twist, why this whole story goes into the flashback to their hostel life. This one has solid reason which I guess you should know yourself 🙂
Screenplay: Chhichhore has nice screenplay but as I already mentioned it also has few childish elements. But as there is a journey from young to old so screenplay had scope to improvement.
Sushant Singh Rajput as young Anni does well but as old gentleman he seems very uncomfortable may be due to his makeup which was very poor.
Shraddha Kapoor looks very beautiful in younger one and has done her job very well.
Varun Sharma stole the show with his timing and character.
Prateik Babbar is in an extended cameo and okay with his performance.
Rest of the supporting cast is also as okay as them.
Direction: Nitesh Tiwari direction doesn’t shine in Chhichhore and seems very ordinary at most of the points.
The Last Word: Chhichhore is an okay film, if you ever had a hostel life then it’s a must watch for you but otherwise it’s just okay.
Follow Us On: