As we know Imtiaz Ali has his own trendy way to represent the romance and it’s lovable by the young generations. Once again he came with the deadly romantic love story ‘Love Aaj Kal’. This time too he picked up the same story as of his old ‘Love Aaj Kal’ but with the different generations. And yes film have the Imtiaz Ali feel as far as his storytelling and dialogues are concerned.
Here is the review in brief:
- Amazing Screenplay (which is Imtiaz Ali USP)
- Nice message to the young generation to choose their happiness over money
- Multiple amazing performances but Randeep Hooda wins J
- Music connection between both Love Aaj Kal is amazing when ‘Yeh Dooriyan’ reprise version gets played.
- Music is not upto the mark as old Love Aaj Kal
- Dialogues are not that clicking
- A bit of dragged and boring span
Plot: Zoe (Sara Ali Khan) is an ambitious girl but Veer (Kartik Aaryan in AAJ) loves her and follows her. She doesn’t want to get into a serious relationship but Raj (Randeep Hooda) wants her to choose happiness over money. Raj makes her falls in love with Veer by telling her, his love story of his young time. Now both the stories move parallel and Zoe fell in love with Veer. But there is a twist in love stories and watch it yourself in the theaters.
Screenplay: In his last film Jab Harry Met Sejal, Imtiaz left his own magical way of storytelling and as result the movie fallen on the ground. But now he is back in his own storytelling style and this Love Aaj Kal has quirky and interesting screenplay.
- Sara Ali Khan as Zoe looks confident and gave a powerful kick to her career.
- Kartik Aaryan as Raghu and Veer doesn’t make any difference while both the roles should look apart.
- Randeep Hooda as Raj is awesome in never seen before avatar. You will fall in love with him
- Arushi Sharma as Leena makes a solid debut she looked what director wanted her to look like…
Dialogues: As its Imtiaz Ali film so dialogues need extra focus and yes dialogues are deadly romantic but lacks to touch the older one’s level.
Direction: Imtiaz Ali’s direction is good as always but it should have been unique from last one.
Music: Pritam has done few chartbusters for Irshad Kamil’s lyrics but again tracks are lacking to hit the right point as of first Love Aaj Kal.
The Last Word: As my last word this Love Aaj Kal is again a latest romantic tale by Imtiaz Ali and as always it’s not massy cinema. If you ever fallen in love just go and watch it.
Follow Us On: