- A never seen before story
- chain of twist n turns keep surprising you after every 10-15 minutes
- Amitabh Bachchan’s outstanding performance
- Killer dialogues by Raj Vasant
- Sujoy Ghosh’s climax shot is always super hit and this is most shocking
- Lack of promotion of the movie is the weakest point, I guess
- Repetitions of scenes even more than three times makes you a bit bored, specially masses
Plot: Badla is a double murder mystery and both murders connected to each other in a very reliable way. Naina Sethi (Taapsee Pannu) is suspected of a murder of his extra marital affair lover Arjun (Tony Luke). Badal Gupta (Amitabh Bachchan) is her advocate and listens her story of last three months for winning the case.
Does Badal Gupta win Naina’s case, is Naina killed her boyfriend and what happens with the other murder get unfolded by the climax.
Screenplay: Sujoy Ghosh screenplay is damn thrilling despite many repetitive scenes, which is obviously demand of the story, it gives you lots of surprises.
Dialogues: Raj Vasant’s one liner give more weight-age to Badla.
- Amitabh Bachchan as Badal Gupta is stupendous fabulous and he look smart & intelligent as his character was. 5/5 to Big B.
- Taapsee Pannu is equally good but due to Big B dominating performance, she seems dull.
- Amrita Singh is fine.
- Manav Kaul has cameo and fine with his job.
- Tony Luke as Arjun Joseph is average as it was his debut performance too.
Direction: Sujoy Ghosh’s direction in Badla is really commendable as suspense movies don’t seem that thrilling due to intelligent audience but Sujoy Ghosh is more intelligent and he has nailed as far as direction is concerned.
Background Score: Music doesn’t have that much of scope in Badla that’s why we are covering background score only and trust me it’s really amazing. You will be scared at least 4-5 times due to score only.
Final Verdict: Badla is a must watch for suspense-thriller genre audience and for other it’s a surprise gift.
Follow Us On: