In this lock-down due to Corona, I found ‘Asur’ Web Series is the best thing on the internet today. This is being aired on Voot Select and you can try 14 days free trial to avoid paid subscription. ‘Asur’ is an eight episodes series starring Arshad Warsi, Barun Sobti, Sharib Hashmi, Anupriya Goenka, Riddhi Dogra and many more…
Asur is the story of a super-intelligent guy Shubh Joshi, who took a wrong turn and chose the path of destruction. Somewhere its public fault who made him the way he is. He had been treating as a scorned person since childhood by his father and society. Now he believes that he is not human but ‘ASUR’ (Daemon). He came to the earth by his choice and he is an avatar of daemon ‘Kali’ (The Asura). He wants to call Vishnu’s Kalyug Avatar Kalki to the earth by killing innocent people. And how smart he is in each corner of the life is just mind-blowing. How he murders several people by informing CBI but no-one can catch him.
Dhananjay Rajppot (Arshad Warsi) senior CBI officer and Nikhil Nair (Barun Sobti) another CBI Officer have a direct connection with Subh that’s why these both are involved in the cases. What is that connection and why Shubh involved Dhananjay and Nikhil in these cases? You can’t afford to miss that. At many points, your sympathy goes with Shubh and you think he is right whatever he is doing. But the way he makes the whole country puppet of his fingers will slip the ground under your feet. The level of CBI’s investigation and their I.Q is shown at another level.
If we take a look at the performances then it’s really hard to mark one over another as everyone is so natural and perfect with each take.
- Arshad Warsi as Dhananjay Rajpoot is as real as he always does. The stress Dhananjay Rajpoot feels can be seen through his eyes only.
- Barun Sobti as Nikhil Nair looks very handsome although his clumsy hairstyle is awkward. Also, he has given a superb performance.
- Sharib Hashmi as Lolark Dubay keeps you entertain with his funny cum friendly character.
- Anupriya Goenka as Naina Nair, wife of Nikhil Nair leaves her mark brilliantly.
- Riddhi Dogra as Nusrat Saeed is very good as per her scope.
- The guy who played Shubh Joshi’s childhood role speaks with his eyes and 10/10 to that kid.
- Rest of the supporting cast is superb which make above performances even more impacting.
There is a lot more to mention and each layer opens up with some quirky twist. But what happens in the climax will not only shock you but leaves you with a sigh of relief as the second season will be there soon.
Awesome direction by Oni Sen and writing of Niren Bhatt and other co-writers will not only steal your heart but also raise your level to filter the shit stuff over the web.
The Last Word: Asur: Welcome to Your Dark Side series is a must-watch for everyone and it makes the wait for the second season even tougher.
Follow Us On: